1) India is the largest democracy in the world.
3) Before Britishers invaded India in the 17th century, India was one of the richest countries in the world.
4) The value of “pi” in Mathematics was first calculated by an Indian Mathematician Budhayana, and he also explained the concept of Pythagorean Theorem. The number system was also invented in India and the digit zero was invented by scientist Aryabhatta. Algebra, Trigonometry & Calculus, all studies originated in India.
6) India has the most number of post offices in the world.
7) The largest employer in the world is Indian railways employing over a million people.
8 ) India has the maximum number of mosques than any other country in the world. It has around 300,000 mosques which is much more than the Muslim world.
9) Martial Arts were first invented in India, and later it was spread to Asia by different Buddhist missionaries.
10) Ayurveda, the oldest school of medicine in the history of mankind was invented & originated by “The Father of Medicine”, Charka, 2500 years ago. Sushruta was regarded as “The Father of Surgery”. Anesthesia was also first used in India.
11) About 50% of women in India marry before reaching 18 years of age.
12) The name ‘India’ is derived from the Indus River, the valley near which early people settled. The Aryan worshippers referred the Indus river as Sindhu.
Then the Persian invaders converted it into Hindu. The name ‘Hindustan’ derives from Sindhu & Hindu and therefore it is referred as the “Land of the Hindus”.
13) India is one of the largest exporter of computer software products. It exports softwares to more than 90 countries.
14) India in its history of 1,00,000 years, never invaded any other country.
15) India is one of the most religiously diverse nations in the world, with some of the most deeply religious societies and cultures. India is home to all the religions in the world living together with love and respect.
16) It is illegal to take Indian currency[Rupees] out of India.
17) Hindi & English are the official languages of India. The language “English” is originated from Sanskrit only which was invented in India.
18) India has around 5600 newspapers, 3500 magazines in 21 different languages with combined readership of 120 million people.
19) India has the third largest military force in the world.
20) The Indian Film Industry is the largest in the entire world. Even bigger than Hollywood.
22) National Animal: Tiger
National Fruit: Mango
National Bird: Peacock
23) India is the largest English speaking nation in the world.
24) Varanasi(Banaras) is the world’s oldest continually inhabited city in the world.
25) Proud to be an Indian !!
Also check out the famous dialogue from “Namastey London” on this special occasion: